Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Spun Glass Hair



We took Ryan to the Pediatric Dermatologist yesterday. After an hour on the road to get there, and an hour waiting, we finally got to see the doctor. Dr Cohen was a very nice man who flew into the room gave Ryan a high-5, pulled on his hair, looked at his teeth, and then flew out of the room again to get scissors and a camera. When he came back he brought two residents with him so they could check out Ryan's hair. He then took a bunch of pictures and clipped off a chunck of Ryan's hair off the top of his head, yes, the TOP OF HIS HEAD. Not that you can really tell, but still, what was he thinking. Dr Cohen said that he would be looking at the hairs under a microscope to determine if Ryan really has spun glass hair also know as uncombable hair syndrome. The doctor said that Ryan should outgrow it by the time he is 12 years old. If not, I guess he will always have a buzz cut!!

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's hilarious. He really has an excuse when his hair is crazy in the mornings before he leaves for school. What an awesome condition to have!

Pitcher Family said...

I think he has very fun hair. Not boring and flat, like some of us!

Jessica L said...

I like that picture much better. What a doll!

Max W. said...

Hi! I'm Maxy I am from Argentina.. my english is very bad, sorry..
You know, I'm friend of andy's wife, Laura.. I want to tell you that Ryan is very very cute!.. my e-mail is maxys@hotmail.com ... I want that send me photos of him..if it is not a problem.. thank you very much! Good Luck! I wait your answer.. Goodbye!