Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Are you trying to tell us something?"

So today for Father's Day we went to mom and dad's for dinner. Dad came home while we were standing in the kitchen getting dinner ready. He came over patted my tummy and said, "Are you trying to tell us something?"

Um, NO!!!!!

SO, this is what I was wearing...

Does it make me look fat

Does it make me look pregnant?

And who asks that?!?!
And on a good note, my mom threw a fit and yelled at him and told him that he doesn't ask those kinds of questions!

9 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

It's very cute! You look great! DAD!!!

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Before you get mad at me, look read the entire comment: I can see where dad is coming from, not that he should have said anything. You don't look pregnant, and you don't look fat. However, that does seem to be a style of top often used in maternity clothing. I hope I don't get three exclamation points for this...

Monson Family said...

I love that shirt!!! Cute Clothes!

Jessica L said...

Absolutely not. You looked very nice. Did I tell you about that lady in the post office that asked me when I was due just because I had said that I needed a nap. A NAP! She could see my kids running around like crazy! I just told her that No, I wasn't pregnant. I was just fat from the previous pregnancies... Thanks for asking though. Jerk. Never a good question to ask anyone. I think Nichole Klein was 7 months pregnant before I asked whether or not she was pregnant... You can never be too careful. And making a woman mad about her weight is the absolute worst thing you can do... :)

Richards in Seattle said...

You do not look fat or pregnant! It is very cute!

Becca(the teenager) agrees that it is very cute, and it is in style!

Allison said...

hahaha hilarious!

Allison said...

hahaha hilarious!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Right, because your 135 lb body is fat....of course you don't look pregnant. You look great!

Likely said...

You just tell him that maternity is "in" right now because it is. It wasn't your body, it was the flare of that shirt I am sure. He couldn't see a belly there...

And who asks that? Well, remember when your husband did the opposite? Didn't know I was pregnant and just thought I had a belly? I still think that is SUCH a funny story.