I am sorry to all of my friends that my blog is so boring. I just don't really have time to post. Or anything super exciting to post about. I have just a couple things to share.
1. I went walking this morning. Walking, not jogging, running, galloping, or skipping, Walking. I haven't been very good about exercise lately (the whole too busy, lack of sleep thing. I know you are getting tired of hearing about it.) But I know that I feel better when I do it. So this morning I had Jason check the tire pressure in the jogging stroller, he topped all the tires off. The kids jumped in. I donned my exercise attire and we were off.....
Well, let me tell you. I have never attempted to exercise while pushing 75 pounds of children in a stroller where the front wheel doesn't turn. MAN THAT IS HARD. Plus the entire first mile of my walk in up hill. I was shocked at how out of shape I really am, or how hard it really is with that extra stroller in front of me.
I walked 2 miles (that is all!!) and was short of breath and sweating and dying. But I feel good.
Oh, and I ate a cookie for breakfast!
2. Ryan and Austin collided a few weeks ago. Last week we noticed that Ryan's two front teeth are gray. I researched on line and my friend asked her dentist. They are dead. My baby's teeth are dead!! GROSS!! They should be fine, it really isn't a big deal, but I feel like the worst mom in the world.
3. We had a little friend come over the other day and play for an hour or so. We watched about half an hour of sesame street and then the kids all ran outside and played. I did dishes, balanced the checkbook, updated the calendars. It was a good morning.
Well today I took my kids over to this friend's house and dropped them off. His mommy had a whole zoo set up and all these fun things to do. She is simply amazing. I feel like the worst playdate mom ever! She will probably never let her kids play with mine again. (Her initials are TR and she is a Bishop's wife!)
4. I have an amazing husband. Sometimes he drives me nuts (often). And sometimes he does incredible things, mostly simple things, that just mean the world to me.
One of the things that he does sometimes that reminds me of how much he loves me:
I drive his car to work, so when he gets home from school before he gets out of the car he puts my favorite CD in and sets it to play my favorite song, so when I get in the car to go to work my favorite song starts playing. It doesn't take him long, but it really makes my whole day better. Thank you husband!
3 comments:
So glad to see you finally blogging again!
1. You are not out of shape. It is extremely hard to push two kids in a jogging stroller. I went jogging once without the kids and I felt like a gazelle. I thought I could go forever--the exact opposite of the way I feel when I'm pushing them.
2. I can't believe Ryan's teeth are dead! What does that mean?!
3. I get tired just thinking about all of the things TR does with her kids. But it doesn't mean we're bad moms if we don't!
4.I had no idea Jason was so sweet! Once, Greg put his dirty socks on the washer in the shape of a heart. But I didn't even notice the heart I only saw the dirty socks.
Hi, Jess. I just wanted to say I read your blog today. You don't need to feel like the worst mom ever--I started to write about some really bad moms that you are much better than and decided to not post it...in any case, you're a great mom!
Mike
Nichole, I laughed out loud at your sock comment - that is REALLY funny that he did that. Awww.. dirty socks are so sweet! Was he disappointed that you didn't notice?
Jason- that is really thoughtful. I am curious what song it is. Such thoughtful husbands!
And lastly WHATEVER!!!!!!!! JEssica, you have the coolest backyard ever! If I had a backyard like yours, you better believe that they would be playing out there the whole time. Our backyard is boring and our playroom is under major construction.
I always hope that nobody feels like I am trying to be a goody goody mom when I post things I do with my kids. To tell you the truth, Playing with kids and teaching kids is my passion in life. I LOVE LOVE LOVE children, I love creativity, I love imagination. Really, I am just a big kid and love to be silly right along with them.
When I quit teaching and was staying home with my babies I had a really difficult time. I am not going into details, maybe I will blog about it sometime, but just know that it brings me such incredible joy to play with my own children and yours, and anybody's children for that matter.
I hope that nobody ever feels threatened by that. I am very self conscious about it actually.
Post a Comment