I am posting something on my blog!!
I always feel like I need to have pictures to post on the blog. Well, that means that I would have to find the camera at the same time that I am able to take five minutes to sit down at the computer. Well, that has not happened in months. So you get a post with no picture...or maybe a really old one, if I can find one on this computer.
We had a great Christmas. Probably one of our best. I didn't stress. I didn't spend too much money. And I didn't wish for any presents. No one was disappointed. I had six days off before Christmas and it was fantastic.
Jason has been hard at work on the basement. The back bedroom/exercise room is 90% done. It needs trim work and a little bit of painting touch up. The rest of the basement is framed out and dry walled. The next step is spackle, which I kind of think he is putting off.
Jason goes back to school this week, so everything will be put off for a while. He is taking two credit classes (Anatomy & Physiology and Principles of Logic) and also a non-credit class to get a Nursing Technician Certificate. The non-credit class will allow him to get a job in a hospital and be sure that it is something that he is really interested in doing before he starts Nursing School. It will also get him some experience and allow him to earn some money. That will be really good because...
I just had to switch jobs and take a 25% pay cut. They are getting rid of the contract positions at my hospital so I took a staff job. The major benefit to that, and the reason I am not looking for another job, is that they will pay for me to go back school and get my Bachelor's degree. Right now I only have an Associates. I will change from a RN to a BSN. It means about $1 more per hour, but a lot more opportunities. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I will start back to school the first week in April.
Last but not least, the kids are great. It is hard to believe that my baby is going to be three in a couple weeks. When did they get so big? I know that that is going to keep occuring to me over the years.
That is about it in the Crowl household. Maybe no one will read this because you all have given up on me!!
5 comments:
thanks for the update...I read it :)
Me too! But I still want pictures of the basement rooms progression. Just get one of the kids to take a picture.
I am so glad you posted!! and I am glad you get to go back to school. I am also glad your baby is getting big, because how on earth would you work, go to school and have a needy baby?!?!
What does BSN stand for? Yay for free school!
Jess, I'm not sure if you remember, but your kids were all HUGE. You never had not big kids... Just a reminder.
Isn't it great to have someone else pay for school. It's one of a handful of things that I actualy like about the army.
Post a Comment