Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to Ryan!!




Today is my baby's third birthday. He is growing up so fast. It is funny that when Austin turned three he seemed HUGE!!! Giant!! I mean, when Austin turned three we had Layla who was 10 months old and we were trying to get pregnant again. But Ryan seems so little still. I can still rock him to sleep during sacrament meeting (ok, maybe once a month, but still). He is half the size of Austin, who is just a little boy still.

I think that I am in denial. I don't want to give up having a baby. But then I think about my little brother Andy, who is still the baby of the family, even though he has two children of his own. I guess that Ryan can still be my baby.

So happy birthday baby Ryan!!

Jason is in school all day Wednesdays (12-9). Thankfully elementary school was two hours late so we had a little party this morning and let Ry open his present. (Yes, we only gave him one present, but it was a pretty cool one. A train set that comes in a wooden box.) We are having his favorite meal, Hot Dogs and Mac and cheese with canned green beans.

He wanted a ball cake for dessert. How easy is that?!?! Well, I get home from taking him to Chuck e Cheeses for lunch and look in the pantry for a cake mix...hmmm...no cake mix. Go look in the basement...hmmm...no cake mix. Go look in the round shelf where cans live...hmmmm...no cake mix. Look in the pantry again and find a chocolate cake mix hiding in the back...Thank goodness! Bake cake. Meanwhile, look for frosting. Have about 1/5 of a tub in the fridge, white, just what I need. Perfect. Look in the round shelf, no white...look in the basement, no white...SEVEN tubs of chocolate frosting (no, I am not making that up) but no white. Go back upstairs, find vanilla, not quite white, but it will have to do. Frost the cake. Go to get candles out...there is a 6, there is a 4, there is a 2, and there are two plain candles...THAT IS IT!!! No three, and not three candles on their own...WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??

Anyway, we will make do, he can't read anyway, right?

2 comments:

Jessica L said...

Good thing for illiterate children. :)

The cake looks delicious. Good job Mom!

Pitcher Family said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like he had fun. Great cake!