Some of you may think I am a terrible mom, but most of you have probably been through this before:
Child is sick.
You wait and debate.
To take him to the doctor or not.
Fever high.
Fever low.
What to do?
Finally you take him in...
They do a throat culture (or look in ears) you sit there and wait...and wait...and wait...
Finally the doctor comes in and says, "It's just a virus, it will get better in a couple days."
DOH!!!
I can almost visualize all of the nurses and medical assistants coming in and singing
"It's a virus, it's a virus, it's a virus...
It's a virus, it's a virus, it's a virus....
It's a virus, it's a virus, it's a virus....
STOP wasting your copay!!!"
Well, fast forward to today....
I am sitting and waiting and waiting and thinking, "Please be sick...please be sick...please be sick!"
You may think I am terrible, but if they are really sick then maybe you will get a prescription for an antibiotic, and probably your child will be better in about 24hours!
So the doctor comes in and....
"Well, Austin, you have strep."
YEAH!!!!
3 comments:
I'm sad he's sick :( but I know exactly what you are saying. You know how we call you all the time? It's because I hate taking them in only to be told they aren't sick and then when I wait too long to take them in I feel stupid and wished I'd taken them in sooner.
I'm so glad you he is sick... you know what I mean!! We've all been there and will be there again. The rest of us are lucky because we get to call you first!! I hope he feels better soon and no one else gets sick!
You are so funny Jessie! haha!
Post a Comment