Friday, July 23, 2010

CELL PHONE

We have had Verizon phones for over 7 years. Every year or so we get new phones and renew our contract. In one month our contract is officially over. I am investigating different cell phone companies and contemplating going with a different company. I am not sure that we will leave Verizon, but I feel like they are SO expensive. Maybe they all are.

I wonder who do you use as your cell carrier and would you recommend them?

3 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Laura and I use T-mobile. They have two kinds of plans you can use. If you don't get their free or discounted phone price, you can go month to month with no contract. But paying the full price for a phone isn't very fun either. Because I got a blackberry, but don't use the "smart" features, I'm saving alot more money than if I'd gone into contract. They would have made me choose a data plan on top of the higher charges for the contract plans. Any way, After being in a similar situation a few months back, I went back to T-mobile. With two phones, unlimited minutes no texting plan, we pay about $90 a month.

nichole said...

We just ordered a couple prepaid phones that are only 9 cents/minute with no extra fees. Which for us will be maybe a couple dollars a month together. If you don't use your cell phone a lot prepaid is definitely the way to go.

Monson Family said...

Jameson tried switching over to AT&T about 2 years ago, but we found that it was REALLY expensive because most of the people he talked to had verizon and he had to pay the "out of network" costs. :( We aren't the biggest verizon fans, but most people we talk to have it- and the free mobile to mobile works for us. Good luck in your investigating!