Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smart girl

Just now Layla was writing a story and she asked, "Is there a little see after the eye in aisle?"

Um, what?

"Is there a little see after the eye in aisle?!?"

Say it one more time....

"IS THERE A LITTLE SEE AFTER THE EYE IS AISLE?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I finally turned around and looked at what she was asking...

Is there a little c after the I in I'll? She didn't know the name of the little c (apostrophe). And I am not smart enough to understand the difference between aisle and I'll.

I guess I need to pay more attention to my children and look when they are talking to me!!

2 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Now say out loude
"Aisle of view"

Jennilyn said...

We were laughing at the pioneers walking across the planes (Stewart's picture complete with runway for the airplanes to take off) and a cute little ring bearer who growled all the way up the wedding aisle to the hooting laughter of the guests, because he thought he was supposed to be a BEAR...We love puns in our family and the misunderstandings add to your family history. Nicely blogged, so L will know when she is all grown up how to be patient with her kids!