Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Did you know?

I went to lunch today with one of my oldest and bestest friends (anyone know her name...she is not a member of the church...) and when I ordered my steak (we were at Outback!! YUM!!) I ordered it medium rare. My bestest friend was shocked..."I didn't know you ordered you steak medium rare!" Me "Yeah, I realized that I like it better that way and it was okay to have a rare steak."

It was just one of those weird things that I would have assumed she knew about me...Then I started to wonder, am I weird. When your bestest friend is surprised by something, it kind of makes you think about it....

Anyone else a weirdo out there?

3 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Michelle?? I don't think you're terribly weird... maybe a little!! Just like the rest of us, though. People are never going to know everything about us so we will always be able to surprise them, how fun!
Wish I had been at Outback with you instead of having leftovers for lunch...

Jennilyn said...

Medium Rare is seriously good food. We killed the fattet calf (not really, just fancy meat from our freezer we've been saving for company) for Stewart's return dinner and it was perfect sweet red meat...YOU ARE NOT WEIRD. You are wonderful. We laugh when we are on a date (John & I)and we learn something new about each other. You would think we would know everything by now, right? Plus, people change. Grow. Mature (hopefully). And it is okay to change your mind/opinion/goals/color of your walls...

Likely said...

I always think it's fun to learn something new after many years of knowing someone....

I like Medium rare too.... not weird. I used to always get medium rare, now I often get just medium.

miss you guys. the other day we were driving down the road and Max said, "which house is your favorite house?" and I said, "ours!" and then he said, no mom, another house that is your favorite". Totally thinking he had developed some kind of style or opinion, I asked him, "what do you mean? Which one is your favorite?"

"Ryan's house." was his answer

I asked him why and he said,

"Because Ryan lives there."

my mother heart melted. Let's get those boys together soon. Would all of you be up for a Friday pizza night here or maybe an FHE? We sure miss all of you!