All of our Halloween candy is gone...yes, I am serious. They ate three bags worth of Halloween candy in three days.
I am one of those mom's that just let their kids go at it. I do not take it away (well, at meal times I do). The sooner they eat it, the better. Although, I do think we hit a record this year. They haven't even had it in their possessions for 72hours yet!
The main problem is that I love to eat...and if there is a bag of candy sitting around I am likely to be looking through it for something to eat. And I don't like to eat lowfat candies. Give me chocolate, with nuts and peanut butter. The more fat, the better!
So it is good that it is all gone!
6 comments:
See, I love the fact that Madeline's birthday is right after Halloween, because then I can give her a "birthday pinata" and fill it up with all the leftover Halloween candy that I have been hiding from them for the past few days... THEN I invite your kids over for the birthday festivities and give them all the candy (because you KNOW how Austin is when he gets near a pinata!:)) and then I can pawn off all that wonderful candy on you and your loved ones.
That's what friends are for. I'll make sure that Ryan gets his own little goodie bag. I wouldn't want him to feel left out. :)
Any toothaches???
An important lesson I've learned is that we should always eat delicious food. From my experiences, +fat=+flavor.
I do the same with my kids, just let them have the candy. They are pretty good about sharing it with me and each other. They are getting close to running out now, too. However, some people have been giving out things other than candy: juice box, chips, popcorn, popcorn balls, granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. Don't they understand that while that seems nice, as those things are bigger than a tootsie roll, we just want CANDY!!
Don't worry it is now the official "holiday Season" so there will be ample opportunities to satisfy that need to eat good foods. I always think it's fun to try new foods each year for the holidays, so we have to start trying out new recipes now.
I really want to see pictures with the kids in their Halloween Costumes! I hope you post them soon!
I am with you on the chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter. You would think I would learn and buy the nasty black and orange taffy to hand out, but no, I buy the snickers and twix and reeses. What am I doing to myself?
Way to go guys! less than 72 hours! Next year you better beat your own record!
Post a Comment