



Tonight is Friday night.
That means date night.
Right?
Right?
Um, no. Not at this house anyway.
Tonight Jason went to his parent's to help his dad work on something. That was good of him. The kids and I decided that we needed to do something fun. We decided to have a picnic dinner.
We made sandwiches and used cookie cutters to cut out shapes (thanks Aunt Mandy for the idea and the cookie cutters). Then we made cookies! My sister posted a really simple peanut butter recipe that was easy to let the kids help with. (one egg, 1c peanut butter, 1c sugar 1t vanilla, mix, roll, bake 350 for 10min). YUM!!
I guess date night can be fun even without my favorite date.
4 comments:
I'm sorry I couldn't be there to go on a date with you!!!
How fun to have a picnic with the kids. With everyone making cookies with their kids, I feel like we need more cookies at our house. The last batch is almost gone...
What an awesome mom you are! I'm sure you are sad you didn't get a date but I think they will remember these dates with their mom forever.
Before I had kids I thought that I'd do these kind of things with them. But I don't. It's too much work. You're a great mom.
how fun! What kind of sandwiches were they?
Cookies with no flour??? Hmmm.... Are they really flat? And chewy?
Post a Comment