Friday, September 19, 2008

What a girl wants. What a girl needs.

So I have figured out what I need. Are you ready? Are you sure? I need a wife. I know that I have discussed this with some of you recently, but it is true. I need a wife...I need someone who just takes care of my needs before I even know what they are.

I need someone who picks up, washes, folds, and puts away my clothes.

I need someone to take care of my children while I am at work, or doing whatever it is that people who don't have children to take care of do.

I need someone to clean my house while I am away.

I need someone to make my dinner and have it ready when I get home.

I need someone to clean the bathrooms, change the sheets and do all the of cleaning that just doesn't get done!

It's funny, I know a lot of women feel like they just aren't living up to everything that they feel they are supposed to do...I don't have that problem, I accept that I can't get it all done, I just want to know what I need to do to find someone else to do it all!

5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I need that too! I think you do a great job of getting things done and taking care of your family.

Pitcher Family said...

I would take a wife, too, as long as she didn't need me to care for her. I've got enough to care about already.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

I sometimes wonder why we can't all have an Alice, or a Geoffrey (from the Brady Bunch and Fresh Prince of Bel Air) do all of the necessary things that we don't want to do, who would become a close family friend and councilor. But mostly to do dishes, scrub bath tubs and fold and iron the laundry. If you find one, let me know.

Mike and Adrianne said...

You know, if you would just support plural marriage, you might have that taken care of...you would be the first wife, after all.

Mike

Likely said...

That's funny... A non-member friend of mine said that the thing she agrees with most about our church is polygamy. She always said she wouldn't mind another woman around for all of the reasons you mentioned and also for the companionship during the long days. funny.